Sunday, September 23, 2012

Madie's Response

I agree with both Gabe's and Alex's point of view on these chapters. I think that we all agree that his paranoia is increasing and his guilt is taking its toll on his soundness of mind. I felt the same way as Alex when he tried to dispose of the items. I was surprised because I thought that that was the primary reason for the murder in the first place. I agree with Gabe that it was in part his hatred for the old woman, however I think it was not only that that drove him to kill her. He wanted the goods as well. Here, Gabe stated that he thought Raskolnikov's attitude foreshadowed his guilt and I agree with it. However I"m not sure if it is his moral guilt that he is sad and remorseful of his actions but more that he is scared of what could happen were he to be caught. I can't tell yet, if his worry and paranoia are caused by the guilt or the fear... I think a bit of both. I am curious to see what happens. 

- Madie

No comments:

Post a Comment