Sunday, September 30, 2012

Madie's Response to Alex & Gabe's Reactions.

I agree with both Gabe and Alex's reactions. We all are basically retrieving the same thoughts from the book. I think Gabe brought up a good point that I forgot about. The painter who was next door to Alyona Ivanova's apartment just after the murder was found with her earrings. I agree with Gabe that this could definitely be a key point. If the painter is convicted and found guilty, Raskonlikov will be off the hook, but I don't think his conscious will be. I think that no matter what happens, even if he is not found guilty in court, he will never be the same after this murder. His guilt will be too much for him. I also agree with Alex's point that Raskonlikov is clearly losing it. He becomes despondent towards much else but the murder, let alone he almost confesses to a police officer he has information regarding the murder. He is definitely not of sound mind, and it is decreasing rapidly. I think he will try to cover it up somehow but he is verging closer and closer towards a confession, either by mistake or not.

-Madie

No comments:

Post a Comment