Sunday, October 28, 2012

Gabe's response to reactions part 3 ch 1-3

I believe that both Alex and Madie bring up important points regarding these opening chapters of part 3. I can see and relate to Alex's reason for not appreciating this opening portion of part 3. It is true that the previous sections were more eventful and built up more suspense, and I did feel a little let down by the author's decision to not really progress with the main plot. However, I do see why he did so. It kept me intrigued me and made me want to find out what is going to happen with Raskolnikov's fate. These chapters were also most likely necessary to be included where they are in order to further unravel the plot of the story later on. I think Madie brought up an interesting prediction, which I believe is accurate. The infatuation that Razumhikin has for Raskolnikov's sister, Dunya, will most likely result in a conflict between them two. I think that Raskolnikov will be protective and not appreciate Razumhikin, one of his best friends, trying to be with her. This would most likely increase the anxiety and stress Raskolnikov is feeling, and ultimately play a role in his downfall. I also agree with both Madie and Alex that it is apparent and obvious that Raskolnikov will be unable to cope with his guilt as it has intensified exponentially throughout the story, where he is not only considered mentally ill by others, but his actions, such as the way he lashes out on others and faints whenever something reminds him of the crime, demonstrate that there must be something more than just an illness. It is interesting to see how the other characters are slowly picking up that there may be something else going on with him.

-Gabriel Magalhaes

No comments:

Post a Comment