Sunday, October 14, 2012

Dostoyevsky's Grave & Saint Petersburg



Over the summer, I had the incredible experience of visiting Russia with my family. While in St. Petersburg (the novel's setting), we toured the Tikhvin Cemetery where Fyodor Dostoyevsky is buried. Although I did acknowledge the fact that Dostoyevsky had one of the largest tombstones in the cemetery, at the time of my visit, I was not aware of how influential and renown Dostoyevsky is. I wish I had read Crime and Punishment before going to the Tikhvin Cemetery because I would have been much more attentive and responsive to what I was seeing.  



In order to get a better idea of the where the story is taking place, here are some additional pictures that I took during my trip to St. Petersburg:






-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment