Sunday, December 2, 2012

Madie's Response to Alex

I thought that Alex's reaction was very insightful and I agree with most parts. I thought that her description of the Lazarus story was quite interesting because I did not know that he was resurrected. I now see why Raskolnikov would have such a personal attachment to this story. As Alex said, he wants to be "resurrected" and start over in his life. He does not want to keep all of this guilt an he wants to be free again. Like Lararus he strives to become resurrected in order to re-live his life perhaps without the sins of his past. I also liked Alex's statement that Raskolnikov considered himself an equal to Sonya because in his mind they were the same; sinners. I agree with her that Raskolnikov's sense of right and wrong is definitely slight skewed if he puts prostitution for family support in the same category as murder.

I share Alex's intrigue into what will happen next, and agree with her that Raskolnikov will end up confessing at some point.


- Madie

No comments:

Post a Comment